Business travel has become a whole lot easier with innovative technology. Here are some innovations that may help business travel go a lot smoother for an individual who is traveling:
* Online hotel check in – You can select your hotel room at the same time that you are handling airline seating arrangements. For example, one hotel has started letting guests who fill out their online profile choose their room and check in online ahead of their arrival. On the hotel’s website, guests can look at rooms that are available and they can also look at hotel floor plans as well.
* Business travel that integrates commercial flying with private jets – There was a booking service launched in 2008. It mined airport and flight availability worldwide for commercial jet and private service. This gives business travelers the option to access 18,315 underused airports in this country. By reserving flights through this booking service, a traveler can save one thousand and five hundred dollars. They can also save two hours of travel time as well. This traveler would take a private plane first, and then take a nonstop commercial flight.
* Your cell phone can multitask as a projector with dedicated internet access – As you know, flight delays and layovers are part of traveling when you travel all the time. There will be handheld projection technology that will be available to the masses. A mobile projector will be incorporated right into cell phones, standalone devices, and digital cameras. A four foot by four foot image will be projected from the hardware’s memory of these devices.
* More flights with more email services – At one point, the ability to check email on airplanes was only available on high end international flights. Now, specific airlines are testing the waters with versions of in-flight connectivity that is modified. There was a live TV system used late last year to let passengers use laptops and BlackBerrys to send instant messages and email. This was done with its new Beta Blue wireless enabled Airbus 320.
* Boutique hotels and motel prices – Hotel access to airports has always been significant to business travelers. Next year, you will find amenities that are boutique quality that cost a whole lot less. At a reasonable price, each suite will be tech centric. It will feature a huge workstation, which is custom built. This workstation has built in network ports, multiple power outlets, and analog modem jacks as well. For your portable and handheld devices, there will be plenty of plugs to recharge them. There is also HDTV in every room. Conference facilities will also have great technology.
According to Executive Travel Magazine there is also other technology available for business travel such as better designed airplanes and increased availability of tableside credit card processing.